Dextran 70/dextrose (Into the vagina)
Dextran 70 (DEX-tran 70), Dextrose (DEX-trose)
Used as part of a test to examine your uterus.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to dextran. You should not receive this medicine if you are pregnant, or if you have uterine cancer.
How to Use This Medicine:
- This medicine will be inserted into your uterus during a scope procedure so your doctor can examine your uterus.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant. The test using this medicine should not be done if you are pregnant.
- The packaging of this medicine contains dry natural rubber. You should not handle the package if you have an allergy to latex.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest tightness, coughing, fever.
- Increase in how much or how often you urinate.
- Lightheadedness or fainting.
- Rapid weight gain, swelling of your hands, ankles, or feet.
- Shortness of breath, cold sweat, or bluish-colored skin.
- Unusual bleeding or bruising.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Joint pain.
- Mild skin rash or itching.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Runny or stuffy nose.
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/18/2019